JoAnn Keller, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
JoAnn has specialized in the care of people with shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries for most of her career, and still enjoys getting to know each of her patients during the course of their care. She helps people who use their hands for work, sports, play and for taking care of themselves and their families.
An avid learner and persistently curious therapist, JoAnn has continuously advanced her skills through hand therapy and academic education, as well as problem-solving with physicians, other therapists, and her patients. Over the years, she has made more than 10,000 custom hand splints (orthoses) and is continually seeking new ways to solve difficult problems.
JoAnn is respected by physicians, patients, and other therapists. She had the unique opportunity to be a member of the team that cared for the nation’s second hand transplant patient in 2002. She is a regional, state and national leader in the occupational and hand therapy fields, and enjoys giving back to her profession by teaching other therapists and serving as a volunteer for professional organizations.
When she is not working, she enjoys competing with her horse in dressage and jumping competitions, hiking and backpacking, travel, and reading. She is functionally fluent in Spanish.
JoAnn remains fascinated by how the body works, and how a body that works contributes to our lives.
- 2011 – present Owner and Certified Hand Therapist Hands for Living LLC, Lynnwood, Washington
- 2011 – 2013 Hand Therapist (coverage) Seattle Hand Surgery, Seattle, Washington
- 2004 – 2011 Director of Therapy Northwest Hand and Orthopedics, Shoreline, Washington
- 2003 – 2004 Hand Therapist Alaska Hand Rehabilitation, Anchorage, Alaska
- 2002 – 2003 Hand Therapist The Hand Center – Louisville, Kentucky
- 1999 – 2002 Hand Therapist Kleinert, Kutz & Associates, Louisville, Kentucky
- 1996 – 1998 Occupational Therapist Parkview Medical Center, Pueblo, Colorado
Education & Qualifications
- 2017 Certified Health Coach, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- 2012 Clinical Doctorate in Occupational Therapy – Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions Provo, Utah
- 2008 Certification by Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
- 2001 Certified Hand Therapist – Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC)
- 1996-present 650+ hours of continuing education in rehabilitation of the hand, arm, and shoulder
- 1995 Certification by U.S. National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- 1995 Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy – Washington University St. Louis, Missouri
Leadership, Awards and Volunteer Activities
- 2015 AOTA Lindy Boggs Award, national recognition for advocating for occupational therapy
- 2013 – 2015 Legislative Chair, Washington Occupational Therapy Association
- 2013 & 2009 Two-time Member of the Year, Washington Occupational Therapy Association
- 2011 – 2013 President, Washington Occupational Therapy Association
- 2007 – present Founder, Washington Hand Therapy Coalition
- 2003 – present Board of Directors and Recertification Chair, Hand Therapy Certification Commission
- 2003 Outstanding Occupational Therapist, Kentucky Occupational Therapy Association
- 2002 Award of Recognition from Kentucky Board of Occupational Therapy
- American Society of Hand Therapists
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Washington Occupational Therapy Association
- Washington Hand Therapy Coalition